As part of the ordering process, you will give us certain information about you so that we can fulfil your order.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you place an order online, we collect and sometimes store basic information such as:
- your name
- contact information including email address, delivery address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, offers, feedback forms and competitions.
We may also receive and store certain information automatically from your computer, such as your IP address, browser type and other computer and connection information such as the time you placed an order and what items you searched for or viewed.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We use the personal data you provide to:
- Process your order, including passing your telephone number and email address to the courier and to contact you if there are any problems.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All your payment card details are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). We do not store your payment card details.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
Payment card details are sent straight to our banking partners and are not received by us.
We may disclose your personal data when reasonably necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or codes of conduct or when required to do so by any competent authority or to protect our rights of those of our customers.
In the event that we sell our business, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If your are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to have your personal data removed.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to our website
- Monitoring the number of users on our website at any given time
- Analysing popular content on our website
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any data held by Google. By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
If you would like to reject this cookie please visit www.support.google.com and install Google Analytics opt out browser add on.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your use of our website signifies your consent to our collecting and handling of your personal data for the purposes set out in this statement.
It is important that you protect your data and to minimise the risk of any unauthorised access to your account with us by logging off when you finish using a shared computer.
For more information please visit www.ico.org.uk Information Commissioner’s Office