- All prices on this website are in pounds sterling (GBP) and are displayed inclusive of any taxes.
- Secure on-line payment. This website uses secure, encrypted SSL technology to keep your transactions safe. At checkout you will be transferred securely to our credit card payment provider, Elevon/Realex and entries on your credit card statement will read “Taylor Meats”.
- The minimum age for ordering is 18.
- The address for delivery must be the same as the credit card billing address. Orders are only accepted from the United Kingdom.
- We offer a “Click & collect” service from our Herne Bay, Ramsgate and Dover shops.
- By using this site and checking the “Accept terms and condition” box at checkout you are agreeing to the terms set forth on this page.
All deliveries will be made by our delivery partner, Parcelforce. We deliver to the following UK locations but if in doubt, please contact us prior to placing an order, PLEASE NOTE, areas in red we do not deliver to.
- All postcode areas in England & Wales
- DD, DG, EH, FK, G. KA (except KA27 & KA28), KY, ML, TD, AB 1 to AB 16. AB 21 to AB 25, AB 30, AB39, PA 1 to PA 19, PH 1 to PH 3
- Please note, we are not able to deliver on Sundays and Mondays.
The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website at the time of checking out and maybe subject to change without notice.
- We can deliver to you Tuesday – Saturday, there is an additional charge for Saturday deliveries.
- Parcelforce will text you on the morning of your delivery with an estimated time of delivery.
- We will always aim to deliver your order on the day requested by you at the time you place your order. From time to time delivery may take an additional day due to reasons beyond our control, so if ordering for a special occasion or as a gift. always allow an extra 24 hours.
- If nobody is available at the primary delivery address (nominated by you at the time you place your order) to take delivery of the order, Parcelforce may leave notification of the delivery instead either to the secondary delivery address or secure place (nominated by you at the time you place your order or at a place the delivery driver deems safe).
- Our deliveries are made with “no signature required”. In the event that nobody is available to take delivery of your order at either your primary or secondary delivery address or you ask us to leave your goods unattended at a secure place, Taylor Meats expressly disclaims all liability that may arise in consequence of the delivery being left unattended, including, without limitation, theft, tampering or contamination, however caused.
- Your delivery will arrive in our special Temperature Controlled Packaging, meaning, unopened, will stay at a safe temperature for up to 72 hours.
- If your delivery is refused, not accepted at a recipient’s address, or rearranged through Parcelforce we cannot take responsibility for this and cannot offer a free replacement box.
- How to contact us – by email: email@example.com tel: 01227 283652
REFUNDS & RETURNS
- We aim to have only happy customers and your satisfaction is very important to us. In the first instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01227 283652 stating your order number and the nature of your complaint.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the return of any produce delivered to you but, if the goods ordered by you do not meet your reasonable satisfaction, we may, in our absolute discretion, offer a full refund to the value of the goods that have fallen short of your expectations within 3 working days of a complaint being received.
HERE’S THE SMALL PRINT
Online Terms And Conditions Between Taylor Meats and you, the consumer.
These terms and conditions form the basis on which you can visit us and our website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
General Terms & Conditions
This site is owned and operated by Taylor Meats (“Company”) trading as Taylor Meats 124 Mortimer Street, Herne Bay, Kent.
We are registered in England & Wales at 158 High Street, Herne Bay, CT6 5NP. Our Company number is 08588374 and our VAT Registration number is 128232237.
If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01227 283652
The contract between us
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Your payment of the price for the goods represents an offer on your part to purchase the goods, which will be accepted by us when we send to you an email to confirm that the goods are being processed for delivery. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to the Company. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximate only.
Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that your antivirus software and spyware software is up to date and that you have the right equipment available to use the website. We will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If any of the items you have ordered are not in stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone. You will have the option either to wait until the unavailable item is in stock or to accept a replacement of the same or greater value, or cancel the unavailable item from your order. The remainder of your order will be processed and delivered.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you click on “submit” during the ordering process. If you feel you have made a mistake on your order after payment has been processed then please telephone 01227 283652 and we will do our best to assist.
The prices payable for your order are as set out in our website. All prices are inclusive of taxes at the current rates (where applicable) and are correct at the time of entering information. Wherever it is not possible to accept your order to buy goods of the specification and description at the price indicated, we will advise you by email, offer to sell you the goods of the specification and description at the price stated in the email and will state the period for which the offer or the price remains valid.
Orders can be paid for by Visa Credit and Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro and Commercial cards. Please note that we do not accept American Express, Diners Club or any other cards not listed above. We will charge your credit account for payment upon submission of your order. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the goods from your account then we can cancel the contract and or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate as we cannot accept liability for delivery to an incorrect address/postcode supplied by the customer. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to your order once delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence).
Delivery will be made by Parcelforce on the date specified at time of ordering. There may be times when delivery is delayed by Parcelforce and Taylor Meats cannot be held responsible.
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you home address or your chosen alternative. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss, destruction or degradation.
Please be aware that our fresh produce packaging can only guarantee that your goods are temperature- controlled up until the point of delivery or collection.
Risk and Ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of your order passes to you at the time of delivery to you, or if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver. You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Orders supplied are not for resale.
Acknowledgement and acceptance of your Order
You must provide us with your e-mail address and contact telephone number we will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order. You will receive either a text message or email from Parcelforce on your chosen delivery date giving you an approximate time of when your delivery will be made.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations perishable items such as fresh food are specifically excluded from the Right to Cancel. You must ensure that you want the product you order as we regret we are unable to offer a refund simply because you change your mind. If you believe that a perishable product is in unsatisfactory condition on arrival, you should contact us immediately via the website. This does not affect your statutory rights.
For non-perishable goods you have the legal right under the Distance Selling Regulations to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods (with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay a penalty. However, you will need to notify us by email or post if you wish to cancel your contract. For non-perishable items, you shall bear the cost of any product returns except where the product is faulty or in unsatisfactory condition.
Returned goods must be received within 3 days of deliver/collection. Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within thirty days of your order provided that the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in their original packaging.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
– We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
– We do not deliver to your area;
– One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit your account with any sum deducted by us as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order.
If you do not receive goods ordered, we will have no liability to you unless you notify us by email or telephone of the problem within 7 days of the date on which you ordered the goods (unless this is not reasonably practicable).
If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
– to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
– to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
– to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
Both parties shall only be liable under this contract for losses, which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address displayed on this website. All notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from to time.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
Taylor Meats (www.yourbutchers.com) are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Data Protection Act 1998
We are compliant with the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Use and collection of personal information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you purchase from our site you will be asked to provide certain personal information. In processing your order, we will only use your personal information to respond to your enquiries/ orders, process deliveries and payments, and to communicate with you regarding orders, products, and promotional offers. We provide information about you to the courier company, bank/ credit card company, or other involved third party to ensure the successful completion of your order. They only have access to the information needed to effectively perform their function for you, but may not use it for any other purposes. We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
There is a technology called “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser which may then store it on your system. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. Please remember cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.